No ‘Diet’ Wins Weight Loss Race


Sometimes I come across articles about weight loss that are so terrific I feel compelled to share them with everyone I know. Below is a fantastic one that appeared in our local Baton Rouge newspaper, The Advocate, on Feb. 26th, 2009 but bears reprinting. Once you read the headline, you’ll see what I mean.

Study: No Diet Wins Weight-Loss Race

The Advocate Thursday, February 26, 2009

Two decades after the debate began on which diet is best for weight loss, a conclusion is starting to come into focus. And the winner – not low-carb, not low-fat, not high protein, but – any diet. That is, any diet that is low in calories and saturated fats and high in whole grain, fruits, and vegetables, and that an individual can stick with, is a reasonable choice for people who need to lose weight. That’s the conclusion of a study published Wednesday in the New England Journal of Medicine, representing the longest, largest and most rigorous test of several popular diet strategies…” – by Chari Roan, Los Angeles Times.

The bottom line to losing weight is this: choose an eating plan that will work for you. The study did not prove, however, that every dieter succeeds. Why do you think dieters fail? Why do you think dieters don’t stick with what they started? As a certified hypnotist and wellness coach for women who has specialized in weight loss since 1992, I believe I know the answer: Commitment breakdown or what is called lack of motivation!

So how do you learn to keep yourself motivated? Let me ask you a question. Don’t you think if you could learn to keep yourself motivated toward your weight loss goals you would have an opportunity to succeed? And guess what the biggest obstacle to your ‘waist management’ problem is? YOU!

Many women frankly give up too soon. You know that it has taken you years and years to gain your weight and if you don’t lose it yesterday, you quit.

Most people start the New Year off saying they are going to eat healthy and exercise and they do succeed – for a few months. Then they experience commitment breakdown and lose their motivation. If you don’t believe me watch what happens at the gym after the first of the year. It is so full of people exercising you have to wait your turn to use the treadmill. Then along comes March and the gym is empty. Why? People lose their motivation.

So, how can you keep yourself motivated? Let me share a secret with you that can help you prevent commitment breakdown and keep you motivated toward your weight loss goals. It is so simple you may not think it will work. Trust me it will.

Begin listening to Positive Affirmations or Self-Hypnosis CDs for 28 days and sit back and discover how easy it is to keep yourself motivated toward your goals. Sounds simple, right?

Here’s why it works. Research has proven that self-hypnosis is the quickest and easiest way to change behavior. Research has also proven that just listening to a Positive Affirmations CD for 10 minutes daily can change negative programming that you have had for years. How easy is that? Just pop a Positive Affirmations CD into your CD player and listen as you drive to work.

To help you understand, let me review how self-hypnosis works and “The Laws of The Mind.” You have two minds – a conscious and subconscious. All of your good/bad habits and good/bad beliefs about yourself are stored in your subconscious mind which makes up 90% of your mind. The good news is that can be changed by listening to new positive suggestions that are recorded on the Positive Affirmations and Self-Hypnosis CDs. It also takes, on average around 21 to 28 days for the subconscious mind to break a bad habit or begin to accept new suggestions.

So right now you are trying to achieve your weight loss goals using only 10% of your mind. Wouldn’t it be a lot easier to learn to use the other 90% to prevent commitment breakdown and keep yourself motivated? That sounds like a no-brainer to me.

Think of listening to your CD’s like making out a grocery list. For example, if your grocery list has 30 items on it and you took your list with you, you probably won’t forget anything because it’s written down on your list, right? On the other hand, if you forgot your list at home you probably wouldn’t remember to buy all 30 items would you? So listening to your Positive Affirmations and Self-Hypnosis CDs daily reminds you of what you are supposed to be thinking about and keeps you on track and focused on your weight loss goals.

Don’t believe me? Try any Positive Affirmations or Self-Hypnosis CDs for 30 days and see what happens.

After all, you’d like to win the ‘no diet’ race, wouldn’t you?


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.