Magazines give a lot of detailed information on celebrity weddings and as a wedding planner, when you read these descriptions, think about how you can modify their expensive wedding planning ideas and make them budget friendly and usable for some of the weddings that you plan.
Here are ideas from 8 celebrity weddings that you can use:
1) From the wedding of Black Eyed Peas singer Fergie to actor Josh Duhamel
When using a black and white color scheme, carry it out in the invitations and the attire of the wedding party. Accent a white wedding dress with black and white brooches. Dress bridesmaids in black and have them carry bouquets of gardenias and white roses.
2) From the wedding of singer Natasha Bedingfield to Matt Robinson
For an outdoor wedding, sprinkle rose petals on the ground instead of using an aisle runner. And, if the bride doesn’t want a traditional wedding cake, just have a dessert bar with a variety of pastries.
3) From the wedding of American Idol judge, Kara DioGuardi, to Mike McCuddy
Use cream, white and natural beige as wedding theme colors at the reception. You don’t need a lot of color in your decor because guests usually add a lot of color by wearing bright clothes to weddings.
4) From the wedding of reality television celebrity, Khloe Kardashian, to Lakers basketball player, Lamar Odom
Place a “candy station” of gummy bears, M&M’s, ring pops, candy necklaces and chocolate bars in clear glass jars and glasses at the reception. Give wedding favors of organic cupcakes frosted and decorated in the colors of the groom’s favorite sports team.
5) From chef, author and reality television star Bethenny Frankel’s wedding to Jason Hoppy
Highlight the wedding dress by using a white bouquet with ribbons that match the wedding color scheme, rather than a bouquet of flowers in the scheme’s colors. Colored flowers can distract from beauty of the wedding gown itself.
6) From singer Carrie Underwood’s wedding to Ottawa Senators hockey player, Mike Fisher
Design an elegant and girlie wall-to-wall pink reception ballroom. Have a cupcake tower for a wedding cake. If the bride or groom enjoy hockey, instead of using escort cards, give guests hockey pucks with their table assignments printed on them.
7) From MTV VJ, LaLa Vazquez’s wedding to Denver Nuggets basketball star, Carmelo Anthony
For a red-themed wedding, use save-the-date cards that look like Valentines and send them out for Valentine’s Day, if the timing is appropriate. Carry out the red theme with a red velvet wedding cake frosted with red buttercream and decorated with gold details.
8) From Chelsea Clinton’s wedding to Marc Mezvinsky
For an elegant, understated wedding, use a plain white aisle runner and a canopy made of branches, leaves and flowers. If gift baskets are given to guests, fill them with locally purchased specialties to show them what the area has to offer.
Brides love reading about celebrity weddings and pick up details from them so keep up with the latest news and you will be able to help them incorporate the ideas into their weddings.